Staubbach Falls is an extremely stunning waterfall, located just over Lauterbrunnen in Bernese Oberland, Switzerland. This waterfall ranks as the second highest waterfall in Switzerland. The waterfall is so high, it beautifully descends to become a spray as the stream of water reaches rocks of the valley below. Staubbach Falls sprays in all directions when the warm summer winds swirl its waters. It is just these sprays and drops of water which give this waterfall its name, Staubbach Falls, Staub meaning Dust. When viewing The Staubbach Falls from the famous Lauterbrunnen train station, one gets an illusion of the falls emptying into the village below.
Highlights of The Staubbach Falls
- The waterfall has a drop of nearly 300 meters or 1000 ft.
- It get its name from the spray like fall of its stream that is almost like liquid dust.
- The height of this beautiful cascade is somewhere between 800 to 900 ft.
- It is amongst Europe’s highest single unbroken fall.
- It is also the second highest waterfall in Switzerland.
- The falls were even featured on the Swiss 3-centime postage stamp in the 1930s.
- Offers the most panoramic views like never seen before.
How to Reach
The town of Lauterbrunnen is where the falls are located. Lauterbrunnen is easily accessible by train. Visitors can come up to the Lauterbrunnen Station from all major train stations.
Stay Options in Lauterbrunnen
- Hotel Silberhorn
- Hotel Oberland
- Hotel Schützen
- Berghotel Schynige Platte
- Schynige Platte, 1967m
- Mountain Hostel
- Blumental Hotel
- Hotel Alpenruh
- Hotel Jungfrau
- Hotel Eiger
- Hotel Edelweiss
- Lodge Hotel Eiger Guesthouse
- Hotel Alpenblick
- Hotel Alpina
- Aspen Alpin Lifestyle Hotel