The Ice Castles in Silverthorne, a beautiful and imaginative work of art. Located at the base of the Steamboat Ski Resort in Colorado. This castle cluster has an urban architectural element and it features a three-tier landscape. The castle is humongous and extends over an acre till just outside the Mall of America located near Minneapolis. This amazing, man-made structure is made of more than 25,000 tons of pure ice. This castle evolve during the winters and last till early summer. It is one of a kind castle that is built every year with new designs and themes. Tourists from all over the world flock to Silverthorne to view this amazing work of art.
UPDATE: The location in Silverthrorne, Colorado is no longer active. This season, Ice Castles has locations in Midway, UT, Wisconsin Dells, WS, Lincoln, NH, Stillwater, MN, and Edmonton, Alberta.
The attractions are open from the end of December through March. General admission $8.95 during the week and $12.95 on weekends. Kids 4-11 years old receive discounted admission and children under three years old get in free.
Highlights of the Ice Castle
- Built once in a year during winter season.
- Is entirely made of ice.
- Hundreds of builders work together to design this work of art.
- The castle is built with no supporting substructure.
- The castle sparkles with hues of light to illuminate the skies at night.
- Silver Inn, Silverthorne, CO
- Quality Inn & Suites, Silverthorne, CO
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne – Summit Co, Silverthorne, CO
- Mountain Vista Bed and Breakfast, Silverthorne, CO
- Wildernest Silverthorne, Silverthorne, CO
- Luxury Inn & Suites, Silverthorne, CO
- Days Inn Summit County, Silverthorne, CO
- Liftside At Keystone, Silverthorne, CO
- Forest Park Townhouse, Silverthorne, CO
- Silverthorne Townhome Nightly Rentals, Silverthorne, CO
- Timberridge Condominiums, Silverthorne, CO
Places to Visit at Silverthorne
- Cutthroat Anglers
- Rainbow Park
- Corpus Sanus Spa
- Silverthorne Recreation Center
- The Colorado Angler
- The Raven At Three Peaks
- Lily Pad Lake