Situated on the spectacular Yorkshire coastline is the iconic Scarborough Castle. With a history of over 2500 years this castle has earned its place as one of the best tourist attractions in England. The castle first stood tall during the Iron Age and was occupied by the Romans. It was later captured by the Viking settlement. Scarborough Castle also saw its glorious years under Henry II. Seen a fair share of sieges and conflicts for over two hundred years this castle has a royal stronghold built by various successive medieval kings. The castle still stands with all its glory even in the 21st century.
- Unbelievable views of the stunning Yorkshire Coast.
- The dazzling and expansive castle grounds.
- Visit the exhibition and tea room located in the Master Gunner’s House.
- Experience the live action events that happen throughout summer.
- Have an audio tour, which gives insight of the 2,500 year old castle.
Some of the Events at the Castle in 2013
- Pirate Trail from Sat 25th May – Sun 2nd Jun 2013
- Hilarious History from Sat 20 & Sun 21 Jul 2013
- Medieval Castle Life – Family Fun Trail form Mon 22 – Fri 26 Jul 2013
- Hilarious History from Sat 27 & Sun 28 Jul 2013
- Medieval Castle Life – Family Fun Trail from Mon 29 Jul – Fri 2 Aug 2013
- Hilarious History from Sat 3 & Sun 4 Aug 2013
Where to Stay
- Kimberley Hotel
- The Helaina
- The Palace Hill Hotel – B&B
- Britannia Grand Hotel Scarborough
- Aartswood Guest House
- Pickwick Inn
- Marine View Guest House
- Airedale Guest House